Sunday, May 2, 2010

Glasses USA: Product Review


I recently had the opportunity to review an online eyeglasses store and was very excited about this challenge. As someone who has worn glasses since the age of 8, I have spent 26 years looking for frames that fit my face and are comfortable to wear. This kind of shopping is hard enough to do in a store where I can physically handle the frames and try them on. So, I wasn't quite sure how it was going to go in an online environment.

GlassesUSA offers a wide variety of frames including Full Frame, Semi-Rimless and Rimless choices. I was in search of a smaller frame that wasn't too heavy and did not have nose pads. I like the search function of the website that lets you narrow immediately to gender specific frames. It also lets you narrow by material type (i.e. metal, titanium, plastic) as well as what type of lens you need (i.e. Single vision, progressive). Finally, you can sort by the price range that you are looking for. This can be especially helpful for individuals who are shopping with a tight budget.

I was quickly able to find some frames that met my criteria and finally settled on the Revere frames from DC's Washington Collection. I liked that they have classic styling and would probably be a good fit for my smaller face.

The ordering process was very easy. After choosing your frames, you have the chance to choose standard lenses or other types, such as "Super Thin" lenses if you have a very strong prescription. There are also choices for tinting and coated lenses.

You will want to be sure that you have an easily understandable copy of your prescription because you have the option to enter that information yourself or you can fax or email the information to GlassesUSA. They also have a toll-free number that you can use for additional assistance.

My new glasses arrived in a reasonable amount of time and were packaged well. I really like the case that was included with my frames. My initial reaction after wearing them for the first time was that I didn't think they were the best fit. However, it takes me a while to get used to a new pair of frames. After wearing them for about a week, I felt sure that I made the right decision in choosing these particular frames.

My overall impression of GlassesUSA is that they are a reputable company who stands behind their product. I found them very easy to work with and would recommend them for anyone who is in the market for new eyeglasses. Their prices are very competitive and would be a great place to do some comparison shopping with your local retailers.

*Disclosure: GlassesUSA provided me a pair of prescription eyeglasses in order to facilitate my review. I was not given any other compensation. All opinions are my own. Others might have a different experience with the company.

3 comments:

  1. Great review! I might use this for my family...lucky me - I have 20/20 vision :)

    I found you on Pitch It To Me and am following your blog and you on twitter. I host a review/giveaway blog and I'm at:

    http://www.busyworkingmama.blogspot.com/
    http://twitter.com/busyworkingmama

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm... I think I need to check them out!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! If you entering a giveaway, please make sure that you either have an email linked to your blogger profile or that you leave an email in your comment.